If you have a new build, an outdated home, or even old windows, you probably need to start looking for new home windows. However, there are so many styles, materials, and types of windows to choose from that it can be an overwhelming decision. Here are a few things to keep in mind when searching for the right home windows.
Popular Window Styles
The most popular window styles are:
- Single- or Double-hung windows. These are the most common windows found in homes. Double-hung windows can open from either the top or bottom. This makes them ideal in homes with small children as it reduces the risk of them climbing out the bottom of the window.
- Casement Windows. These open with a crank which swings them open. They are popular in windy areas because they seal even tighter when wind blows toward them while closed.
- Picture Windows. These are popular in homes that have vaulted ceilings and tall staircases. They do not open. They are used to increase natural light in a home.
Choose Windows with Great Performance
Your windows should help your home function more efficiently, so you want to choose windows that will increase the performance of your home. Consider these four things when you look at windows.
- Double- and/or triple-pane glass windows offer up to nine times the insulation that single-pane windows do. They will help keep the temperature in your home from fluctuating.
- Choose windows that are energy efficient. Energy efficient windows will save you money on your heating and cooling bill.
- If you live in a noisy neighborhood, consider looking at windows that will help block the sound of your neighborhood out of your home.
- UV-resistant windows will help keep your furniture and carpet in good shape. UV rays can damage and fade the interior pieces of your home.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when looking for home windows. Do your research and ask as many questions as you can, so at the end of the day, you feel like you picked the best windows for your home. If you are in search of home windows, give us a call at All Glass today and we will help you find exactly what you need.